SALARY: $43k – $50K/yr. | 2 weeks paid vacation | Occasional Work from Home | 10:00am Flex Start/Stop
Bowmanville Office Location
This role is high paced and at the heart of our organization. Your attitude and work style will help to set the tone and culture of our team.
A mix of business coaching, design sense, and customer service is required to operate at a high level in this job. You will need to be hard on tough customers and patient with easy ones.
Ideal candidates will have worked with or in a small business before. Former business owners or marketing managers who have participated in having a website built, planning social media, or navigating marketing decisions will have a competitive edge.
- Strong admin capabilities including experience working with project management software, invoicing software, or other technologically based communication and planning tools.
- Management Skills including the ability to deliver disappointing news, redirect stubborn personalities, build consensus, take heat on behalf of others and create action items from general language.
- General Business Acumen including an understanding of multiple areas of social media, websites, content writing, business planning, marketing or small business management.
- Personal Management including the ability to function well in a fast-paced environment, process stress, accept client feedback in a constructive way and stay positive for the team
- Creative Talents including the soft skills to present and discuss creative concepts and visions, to interpret people’s tastes and style, to provide constructive design critiques.
- Consults – Meeting with clients to discuss their business and their challenges. You will need to be able to ask insightful questions and provide general action steps. You’ll be showing off our portfolio and sharing relevant examples of our work.
- Quoting – You will create quotes that can adapt to your client’s budget and needs. Helping them prioritize services that might be helpful.
- Assigning Work – Using our project management software you will assign work to the team choosing designers that fit the client’s style and budget. You will communicate the client’s challenges, visions and limitations.
- Presenting Work – You will share mood boards, brand pitches and web mock-ups to clients, explaining the designer’s choices. You’ll be recording client feedback and communicating it to the design team in a constructive and positive way.
- Leadership & Guidance – You will often have to communicate on behalf of others, resolve disputes, suggest outcomes, keep people focused and inspired and feeling hopeful.
Taking on this role means joining our management team. This includes weekly meetings where we support one another, set goals, talk through problems and make changes to workflows and business processes. This is a very collaborative environment and you will be developing close ties with your colleagues. This job is immensely fulfilling, purposeful and on the edge of what is happening in small business, in social media and online. It is enormously fun and truly challenging.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO HELLO@BRANDAMBITION.CA BEFORE MARCH 22ND.
See What Else We've Been Working On...
David and Gini value close relationships, and they were looking for a friendly, professional, urban brand, that would appeal to Toronto condo owners as well upscale luxury property owners. It also had to be totally suitable to either one of them independently. What do you think?
Naturopathic Dr. Nicole Panathere is opening her own holistic care clinic. She wanted the brand to feel very modern, as though it could comfortably fit into the lifestyle practices of its clientele. She wanted to avoid anything that felt too clinical…
A very popular local brand, Olive That is well-known for its high-quality olive oils and balsamic vinegars. Owner Naz Munshi came to us to help mature the brand and make it feel more artisan. It was a goal of the project to ensure that the label design could sell the product whether it was on a boutique retail shelf or an online shop…
Did a small business need “agency” support 10 years ago? No. But they also didn’t need photoshoots, Instagram Reels, and Facebook ads back then either. Business is different, and here is how an agency can help you adapt:
The launch of social media platforms began a golden age of small business. It ushered in a unique environment where business owners suddenly had free, direct, 24/7 access to their client base. They could advertise, craft a brand personality, and engage with clients -...
Our video chat with Dr. Lynne Racette reveals how she has built up her brand in two different cities, and eventually was able to open her own clinic. Hear her speak about her process, what worked, and how much she spends on ads.
In this FREE LUNCH & LEARN we’ll be sharing the strategy that we use to plan a business rebrand. The session will be highly conversational, so feel free to bring your questions and personal challenges so we can chat them out!
FREE WEBINAR: Chat with a lawyer about your legal questions! Friday, May 14th, noon. Are you not sure when you should trademark your logo? Are you curious about what LEGALLY needs to be on your packaging? Can someone else copy your web content? At Brand Ambition,...
Caroline’s skincare practice is inside a plastic surgeon’s office so her services are very results-driven. She needed branding that was very crisp and didn’t feel “spa-like”. See what our team put together for her…
The Wildflowers Artistic Hair StudioSTORY: The Wildflowers Artistic Hair Studio aims to provide a relaxing and welcoming environment. As a boutique salon, they enjoy getting to know their clients and building strong customer relationships. They pride themselves in...